Bring Your Kids to Work 2018: Agents of Positive Change
May 1, 2018
Categories: Thought Leadership
Bring Your Kids to Work Day is always one of our favorite days of the year and the 2018 celebration was no exception. In keeping with the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation theme, “Agents of Positive Change,” we had a fun-filled day instilling the values of workplace comradery and generosity in the next generation of health IT leaders.
Indeed, this year’s theme was perfect for CNSI as being agents of positive change is a central tenet of our business. Externally, our health IT solutions improve the lives of over 30 million of Americans. Internally, we strive to foster a cooperative and supportive workplace for our employees. We take teaching these values to our children very seriously.
Playing on the “agent” theme, we introduced the CNSI kids to workplace values through a series of four “agent training” activities:
* Makings of a Spy: Playing Interactive games put on by the International Spy Museum
* Helping Others: Decorating hats and welcome home kits for children supported by the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
* Investigating Skills: Asking questions about their parents’ work at CNSI
* Reporting back to HQ: Presenting what they learned about their parents’ job
* Final Exam: Cyber Security quiz game hosted by our very own “Agent Jack”
Of course, we also made sure to balance out the learning with plenty of fun. The kids got to go outside for a team building exercise, were treated to an ice cream social, and received giveaways, including t-shirts, spinners, lanyards and water bottles. With over 70 kids participating across our Headquarters, Michigan, Illinois, and Washington offices, the event was another huge success!